1. In the United States, when buying a Silverado 2500HD/3500HD, you can choose between a 6 litre V8 petrol motor, or the 6.6 litre Duramax turbo diesel. We know how much Aussies love their diesel, so make the choice easier and only bring the Duramax engined beast to Australia.
2. Alison make transmission of military tanks. They also make the six-speed transmission for the Silverado. Say no more.
3. Twice the current population of Tasmania – that’s about how many vehicles have been made with the Duramax engine/Alison transmission configuration. That’s one million all together, and if you added up the kilometres travelled you could go and check out Neil Armstrong’s footprints on the moon, and come back to earth.
4. Here’s something you can ask a Kiwi to say … the 6.6 litre Silverado can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph (100 km/h) in 6.6 seconds.
5. With all that power under the bonnet (296 kw of power and 1037 nm of torque) you’d think driving the Silverado was like riding a wild bull. In reality, its exactly the opposite, with the Chevy giving the driver an agreeable and comfortable ride, but with plenty of power on tap when needed.