1. It’s the type of stuff that Q from James Bond movies may have equipped in Sean Connery’s Aston Martin. The safety technology on board the Silverado includes a Safety Alert Driver Seat, with directional vibration warning the driver of potential traffic danger. There’s also Lane Departure Warning, which alerts the driver when the vehicle drifts over a lane line without signalling while travelling at least 55 km/h. The Forward Collision Alert gives the driver warning if they are closing in too quickly on the vehicle ahead.
2. Wet Wet Wet … an 80’s band who sang “Love is All Around”. Air bags are all around, with Silverado offering six air bags and a 360-degree sensor system, including single-stage frontal air bags, head-curtain side-impact air bags with rollover protection and seat-mounted side-impact air bags.
3. To listen to Wet Wet Wet and other ’80 bands Silverado offers you a superb six-speaker Bose system. FYI Bose is the official sound supplier to such organisations as NASA and the Olympic Games.
4. If you’re a basketballer who can slam dunk or a jockey, thanks to the power adjustable pedals in the Chevy, you’ll feel right at home.
5. Previous we gave our “Back Seat Leg Room Champion” award to the Tundra. But the new champion is the Silverado. If only commercial airlines gave similar foot room.