Found a specific truck you’d like to import to Australia?
Would you like know the full costs of conversion to see if it’s worthwhile?
Importing an American pickup truck, converting it to RHD and getting it licensed with all relevant authorities is a time consuming and costly process. The costs and time involved can get differ greatly based on the particular vehicle, as well as many variables involved in the process.
Performax International has the expertise and experience to help you organise an import and RHD conversion.
Some of the many variables that impact the cost of conversion include:
- Specific Make and model of the vehicle (and whether it’s on the Specialist and Enthusiast Vehicle (SEVS) Scheme
- Original purchase date and purchase cost of the vehicle in the US (or other country of origin)
- Freight Costs (shipping, storage, delivery)
- Import Duty
- Customs Duty
- Cleaning for quarantine purposes
- Asbestos testing (and removal costs if required)
- Quarantine inspection costs
- Modification costs if required,
- State or Territory registration and insurance requirements
- GST Costs
- Luxury Car Tax
- RHD Conversion using specially manufactured parts that comply with Australian Design Rules and certification to 9001 Quality Assurance Standards.
- Engineering Certification and Registration.
With more than 15 different variable components, taxes and fees that can impact fees, there is no specific price guide we can give that cover all imported vehicles.
We can however give you a broad conversion cost range. Excluding the cost of purchasing the vehicle, the entire cost for importing, converting, complying and registering any vehicle to RHD generally starts from $45000 and can go right up to $150000 (although luxury car tax can keep this figure increasing even higher depending on the cost of vehicle being is imported).
Whilst this is a very vague guide, we can give you a far more specific estimate for importing and converting a vehicle. To do this we just need to determine the exact make, model, year and original cost of the vehicle you’re thinking of importing. Simply call or email Performax Perth on 08 9535 0601 or firstname.lastname@example.org, by the end of the call you will have a much clearer picture of the likely costs and time lag in the process for your preferred vehicle.
Many people find it’s a lot easier to just look at buying from our existing stock of RHD converted Performax imported pickup trucks that are either brand new or low km used, as they are already licensed and ready to go today. Feel free to browse our range of Performax RHD converted and licensed trucks.